photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo askmetab.png photo greenarchivestab.png photo shegrowstab.png photo easycookingtab.png

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One sick lady

I must begin this post by saying that I have not been sick in almost a year now. With all the vitamins and working out I have been doing, Jeremy and I are pictures of health. And, surprisingly, throughout this pregnancy, I have been really healthy- even despite feeling like death in my first trimester. But, last Wednesday I came down with nasal congestion and a sore throat. I stated my typical regimen of Vitamin C packs and saline wash for my sinuses. This is my go to during allergy season and always clears up the problem right away and keeps me from having to take any medications. Well, that's not what happened this time. I'm pretty nasally congested still, and Monday night I asked Jeremy too please rip off my ear (I think fluid had gotten in.) Now I will have the utmost sympathy if Baby Jenks ever has an ear infection.
So after a phone call to the doctor about my symptoms, a nurse called me back. She said that I could take Sudafed to clear up the congestion. I told her I didn't want to take anything (I really don't like to medicate myself, much less Baby J). But, she informed me that taking a little over the counter medication was better than getting a sinus infection and needing antibiotics. And, reluctantly, I agreed. So, I started the Sudafed today. I can't tell much of a difference, but we'll see. I'm going to keep up with the homeopathic remedies as well- I'm a true believer in them. If any of you out there in blog land have some advice for allergy/nasal congestion remedies, please send them my way!
But with everything else going on, my main concern is for the baby. I'm sure that everything is fine with me taking this medicine, but I am still a worrier. We definitely need your prayers right now for a healthy baby (and a healthy mommy).
"And whatsoever you shall ask for in prayer, believing, you will receive." Matthew 21:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...