photo hometab.png photo abouttab.png photo askmetab.png photo greenarchivestab.png photo shegrowstab.png photo easycookingtab.png

Monday, October 10, 2011

Chicken Tomatoe soup

So I am coming back with a completion of cooking Lesson 1, but I keep forgetting to take pictures of my baked chicken!!  I will get better, promise.  I'm not so much a food blogger though, so I'm working on this. 
But, I wanted to quick share a recipe I came up with!  (aren't you so proud of me, Cassie?!?)

Ingredients


I forgot the corn in the first picture!
Chicken Tomatoe Soup
(I guess I should point out that this is a modification of a recipe for chicken tortilla soup that I found on pinterest.)
3 cups chicken stock

3 skinless, chicken breasts

2 tsp ground cumin (or Mrs.Dash Original Seasoning)

2 tsp  chili powder (or Mrs. Dash Chipotle Seasoning)

1-3 jalapeno peppers, minced (however spicy you like it)

1 green bell pepper, diced

1 large onion, diced

4 cloves garlic, minced (or garlic powder sprinkled with a heavy hand)

1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained

2 cups frozen corn (or 2 ears fresh cooked corn)

1 small can tomato paste

Add salt and pepper to taste
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8.  Longer if you can so it can stew (is that the right word??)
Essentially, you want the chicken to be nice and tender/easy to pull apart.

This is obviously not a cooked picture.  It should look like a stew/soup when completed
I promise it is so good, and good for you.  It's the only meal I cook that my step-father will eat! (he's a picky guy, ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...